“I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done-to-me. I am everyone everything whose being-in-the-world affected was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I’m gone which would not have happened if I had not come.”
― Salman Rushdie
“The mind which is created quick to love, is responsive to everything that is pleasing, soon as by pleasure it is awakened into activity. Your apprehensive faculty draws an impression from a real object, and unfolds it within you, so that it makes the mind turn thereto. And if, being turned, it inclines towards it, that inclination is love; that is nature, which through pleasure is bound anew within you.” – Dante Alighieri
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” – Terry Pratchett
“Hope” is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all
And sweetest in the Gale is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm
I’ve heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest Sea
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb of Me.”
by Emily Dickinson
“People observe the colours of a day only at its beginnings and its ends, but to me it’s quite clear that a day merges through a multitude of shades and intonations, with each passing moment. A single hour can consist of thousands of different colours. Waxy yellows, cloud-spat blues. Murky darknesses. In my line of work, I make it a point to notice them. ”
“The slow arrow of beauty. The most noble kind of beauty is that which does not carry us away suddenly, whose attacks are not violent or intoxicating (this kind easily awakens disgust), but rather the kind of beauty which infiltrates slowly, which we carry along with us almost unnoticed, and meet up with again in dreams; finally, after it has for a long time lain modestly in our heart, it takes complete possession of us, filling our eyes with tears, our hearts with longing. What do we long for when we see beauty? To be beautiful. We think much happiness must be connected with it. But that is an error.”
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.” – Dr. Seuss
The coffins of lead were lying sound asleep,
And the lead flowers and the funeral clothes -
I stood alone in the vault … and there was wind …
And the wreaths of lead creaked.
Upturned my lead beloved lay asleep
On the lead flower … and I began to call -
I stood alone by the corpse … and it was cold …
And the wings of lead drooped.
poem by George Bacovia
Ce înseamnă pentru noi o reuşită? Să reuşeşti probabil pentru mulţi este echivalent cu a avea succes, a ajunge acolo unde ne-am propus..şi tot aşa..Dar oare după, cum ne simţim? Cum este după ce excaladăm zidul care ni se pare uriaş şi greu de atins, de a fi urcat?!
Minunat! Şi după ore bune de împlinire personală sau în echipă o luăm de la capăt şi normal, uităm de succesul anterior, uităm de greutatea cu care am lovit pentru a sparge zidul din spate…Mulţi considerăm asta supravieţuire, dar oare nu ar trebui să înţelegem că provocarea adevărată a fiecăruia dintre noi nu o constituie zidul în sine ci lupta pentru a-l urca sau mai uşor, a-l sparge?!
Mă uit în urmă şi observ că de fiecare dată când am reuşit să depăşesc zidul uşor nu am simţit cu aceeaşi intensitate plăcerea faptului că am obţinut ce mi-am propus ca atunci când mi-am aruncat ciocanul asupra zidului cu mult mai multe lovituri.
Întotdeauna este vorba despre un zid, fie că se află în faţa noastră sau în subconştient, el acţionează şi deseori te împiedică fie să poţi merge mai departe fie să respiri aer liber. De aceea este necesar să parcurgem mai multe etape până la momentul cheie când îl depăşim, pentru a trece cu adevărat pragul dincolo de zid.
“Before you know it you’ll be asking, “How did it get so late so soon?” So take time to figure yourself out. Take time to realize what you want and need. Take time to take risks. Take time to love, laugh, cry, learn, and forgive. Life is shorter than it often seems.
Here are few things worth thinking about, before it’s too late:
- This moment is your life. – Your life is not between the moments of your birth and death. Your life is between now and your next breath. The present – the here and now – is all the life you ever get. So live each moment in full, in kindness and peace, without fear and regret. And do the best you can with what you have in this moment; because that is all you can ever expect of anyone, including yourself.
– A lifetime isn’t very long. – This is your life, and you’ve got to fight for it. Fight for what’s right. Fight for what you believe in. Fight for what’s important to you. Fight for the people you love, and never forget to tell them how much they mean to you. Realize that right now you’re lucky because you still have a chance. So stop for a moment and think. Whatever you still need to do, start doing it today. There are only so many tomorrows.
– The sacrifices you make today will pay dividends in the future. – When it comes to working hard to achieve a dream – earning a degree, building a business, or any other personal achievement that takes time and commitment – one thing you have to ask yourself is: “Am I willing to live a few years of my life like many people won’t, so I can spend the rest of my life like many people can’t?”
– When you procrastinate, you become a slave to yesterday. – But when you are proactive, it’s as if yesterday is a kind friend that helps take a load off your back. So do something right now that your future self will thank you for. Trust me, tomorrow you’ll be happy you started today.
– Failures are only lessons. – Good things come to those who still hope even though they’ve been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they’ve tasted failure, to those who still love even though they’ve been hurt. So never regret anything that has happened in your life; it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten. Take it all as lessons learned and move on with grace.
– You are your most important relationship. – Happiness is when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else’s approval. You must first have a healthy relationship with yourself before you can have a healthy relationship with others. You have to feel worthwhile and acceptable in your own eyes, so that you’ll be able to look confidently into the eyes of the people around you and connect with them.
– A person’s actions speak the truth. – You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times; but in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. So pay attention to what people do. Their actions will tell you everything you need to know.
– Small acts of kindness can make the world a better place. – Smile at people who look like they are having a rough day. Be kind to them. Kindness is the only investment that never fails. And wherever there is a human being, there’s an opportunity for kindness. Learn to give, even if it’s just a smile, not because you have too much, but because you understand there are so many others who feel like they have nothing at all.
– Behind every beautiful life, there has been some kind of pain. – You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You’re human, not perfect. You’ve been hurt, but you’re alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend.”
“De ce să nu ne întrebăm ce este dincolo?! De ce să considerăm nebănuitul ca fiind o umbră imensă, ale cărei laturi să îşi pună amprenta asupra noastră şi să ajungem să trăim în de ce-uri ?! Zi de zi luăm programul dus – întors ca şi cum ar fi scris într-un orar postat pe perete, ca în copilărie când mama, din dorinţa de a ne îmboldi să învăţăm, ne cumpăra orare cât mai colorate, mari, unde ne scriam programul de la şcoală, deseori cu litere de o şchioapă.
Dacă atunci eram în stare să refuzăm orarul acela, preferând să pierdem vremea în faţa blocului, de ce nu am fi în stare să refuzăm doar ceea ce primim sau oferim mecanic?! De ce nu am pierde vremea puţin şi cu gândurile noastre, îndrăznind să intuim nebănuitul, să visăm şi să credem că am putea să planificăm viitorul altfel decât ar fi el preconizat a ni se înfăţişa?
E drept că a încerca să defineşti nebănuitul ne poate duce pe noi în ispita visării ..în paşii pierduţi ai dorinţelor noastre care fie nu şi-au obţinut identitatea clară, fie au mocnit aşteptând tonul de liniere.
Iar întrebările cu un răspuns mai puţin clar nu ne prea ajută, probabil de aceea preferăm să privim doar ziua respectivă şi programul săptămânal, stabilit de la ceremonialul cafelei până la finalizarea statisticilor cerute la serviciu.
Dar accept varianta pariului, ce pierd bănuind nebănuitul şi ce câştig ?! Probabil aş putea pierde ceva timp, de exemplu, nu aş mai privi degeaba, pe stradă, traficul infernal şi m-aş gândi mai bine ce reprezintă albastrul cerului..Aşadar pierd timpul irosit deseori de noi şi totodată câştig un vis, dar pot adăuga şi altceva în orarul prescris de nevăzutele mâini ale celor din jurul nostru, care , în lanţul trofic, ne organizează viaţa. Să nu uităm că şi mâinile noastre fac parte din acest consiliul de stabilire a orarelor!” – by Mite
I often find myself just walking the streets, sometimes the plain desert, in search of nothing. Just moving along, in line with my thoughts towards the nothingness that floats above everything. I see, I touch and I wonder what would all be if I wasn’t me. What if I was you? Would everything look the same?
I swim in the reality of my perception, in the reality of my mind and I know when I will get to the shore I will cease to be. But the shore looks too far away, and that is a good sign as I can keep swimming in these troubled fields of my imagination and carry on with being me.
I open my eyes and see the light reflecting and giving shape and colour to the ever floating multitude of atoms that pulsate and vibrate creating the matter that I call my reality. Weirdly enough, nobody else calls it the same. Some call it my madness, others my dreams, but not me……I call it reality. My dreams are much more than the mere daily nothing. My dreams are even more nothing…but yet are mine, I cherish them and strive to achieve them ,which I might very well do one day. But then they will still be nothing. When I will get to the shore, tired of swimming, while waiting for my cessation, I will not be able to take them with me, I will have nothing and nothing will follow me any further.
“What happens to the faith healer and the shaman when any poor citizen can see the full effect of drugs or surgeries, administered without ceremonies or mystifications? Roughly the same thing as happens to the rainmaker when the climatologist turns up, or to the diviner from the heavens when schoolteachers get hold of elementary telescopes.” – (Christopher HItchens, God Is Not Great)
“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. – (Desmond Tutu)
“The idea of God was not a lie but a device of the unconscious which needed to be decoded by psychology. A personal god was nothing more than an exalted father-figure: desire for such a deity sprang from infantile yearnings for a powerful, protective father, for justice and fairness and for life to go on forever. God is simply a projection of these desires, feared and worshipped by human beings out of an abiding sense of helplessness. Religion belonged to the infancy of the human race; it had been a necessary stage in the transition from childhood to maturity. It had promoted ethical values which were essential to society. Now that humanity had come of age, however, it should be left behind” – (Sigmund Freud – A History Of God)
“I WOULD HAVE MY EARS FILLED
WITH THE WORLD’S MUSIC
LET ME HEAR ALL SOUNDS OF LIFE AND LIVING”
“IF YOU DON’T LIKE SOMETHING, CHANGE IT. IF YOU CAN’T CHANGE IT, CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE.”
“LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE,
BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY”
(Maya Angelou quotes)
Who am I ? … I will never believe those who say they found the answer to this question. For if you ever really search for an answer, you will find that it is impossible to ever know as you are never the same, you are in a continuous change. You are what is around you mixed with what you make of it. And you are always different. Even if just by a very small fraction, you are always different from whom you were a minute ago. Our brain can process 1 million bits of information per second while we can be conscious only of about two thousands bits per second (this is debatable, numbers may vary, the idea is important ). That makes it even harder to ever know who we truly are. The only certitude of who I am is now, when I feel my fingers pressing different keys on the keyboard, trying to express my thoughts in words, pressing my back against the chair, sipping some water to wet my dry lips. This is who I am now. But after I finish this? After my brain processed few more millions bits of information and after I become conscious of few more thousands of the same, I have no idea whom I will be then!
People might think they know, and often people say they are good, they love thing, they love others, they don’t like one thing or another…they have friends, they enjoy reading….and this is who they are. But is it really true? For example…being good !…if you were ever put in the extreme situation of having to save your dearest ones, your children, your life by having to murder another innocent person , would you do it? There are people who will do it without blinking , most of the people will do it but will be marked for life , and very few people who will not do it. But would you do it? You don’t know. And if you would do it, would it be a bad or a good thing? Whom would you be then? A cold blooded murderer or someone full of love (for his close ones)?
I hate bitter taste…and often it makes me gag…but yet I love coffee without sugar, and I don’t know what else that tastes bitter I would like as I didn’t try everything out there. Can that be me, the guy who hates bitter, but yet he likes few bitter things? if that were true and I was that guy, that won’t define me very well. I do or I don’t like bitter? I don’t know…I know I don’t like some things I have tried already that were bitter and that is all.
So my answer to this question is – I HAVE NO CLUE ! All I can do is educate my mind for my inner self to know who I am at every given moment. Not control my soul, my heart, my body or my instincts with my EGO, but be as conscious as I can of everything that my existence throws at me and have faith my subconscious self will make the best out of everything else. I can stop trying to control everything and wake up every morning to start a fresh new day, with new challenges, pleasures, disappointments and whatever else might be and enjoy them all , but don’t hold on to them, as there will be another day coming where I will miss the new for holding on to the old. Love with passion and fall so I can get up more aware of were I step. I can Dream big, I can hope and I can desire.
I am what my life is !
(I hope this makes some sense to you and your comments are always welcomed…just don’t mind my poor writing skills. And just so you know, in the last image I was about 14kg heavier than now )
Decalog – Horatiu Malaele
1. Nu îţi crea o imagine falsă. Este incomodă, greu de întreţinut şi uşor de depistat.
2. Fii prietenul duşmanilor tăi. Un proverb islamic spune că “numai iubindu-i poţi să-i distrugi”.
3. Rămâi modest. Dar fă în aşa fel ca lucrul ăsta să se ştie. Trebuie să ai orgoliul modestiei tale.
4. Dacă pierzi teren lasă impresia că ai făcut-o intenţionat. Impune un principiu: am dat doi paşi înapoi, ca să-mi pot lua avânt.
5. Nu fura pe nimeni. Dacă o faci totuşi, schimbă obiectul într-o altă podoabă.
6. Nu refuza ajutorul imbecililor. Pentru a rămâne sus îţi trebuie unanimitate.
7. Nu-ţi explica greşelile. Învăluie-le în mister şi abstracţiune. Nu schimbă mare lucru, dar derutează.
8. Nu te întinde prea tare. Rişti să-ţi pierzi controlul graniţelor.
9. Nu lupta împotriva cabalelor întemeiate pe ambiţie şi frustrare. Îţi pierzi vremea, iar lor le creezi scop.
10. Dacă nu reuşeşti, modelează-ţi existenţa după principiul: “Nu se întâmplă decât ceea ce trebuie să se întâmple.” Este o dură, dar relaxantă fatalitate.
Dacă mă întrebaţi pe mine, cea mai frumoasă e porunca nr.1: “Nu îţi crea o imagine falsă. Este incomodă, greu de întreţinut şi uşor de depistat.”
Decalogul amorului – Ernest Maftei
1. Este iubire cand tu esti eu si eu sunt tu
2. Iubirea adevarata e atunci cand, iubind, ramai ferm, intelept si moral
3. Daca iubirea ta nu-l face pe cel iubit fericit, atunci iubirea se transforma in suferinta
4. Cand un barbat nu mai protejeaza femeia, inseamna ca nu o mai iubeste
5. Cand femeia nu-l mai admira pe barbat, inseamna ca nu-l mai iubeste
6. Trebuie sa iubesti numai pe aceea care te iubeste
7. Daca se inlatura iubirea si bunatatea, toata bucuria vietii dispare
8. Barbatul trebuie mai intai sa se racoreasca, pentru a putea face amor cu iubita dupa ce se insoara
9. Sa nu faci amor cu o femeie pe care n-o iubesti
10. Sexul e minunat cand doi oameni se iubesc
Decalog – Octavian Paler
1. Sa astepti oricât.
2. Sa astepti orice.
3. Sa nu-ti amintesti, în schimb, orice. Nu sunt bune decât amintirile care te ajuta sa traiesti în prezent.
4. Sa nu numeri zilele.
5. Sa nu uiti ca orice asteptare e provizorie, chiar daca dureaza toata viata.
6. Repeta ca nu exista pustiu. Exista doar incapacitatea noastra de a umple golul în care traim.
7. Nu pune în aceeasi oala si rugaciunea si pe Dumnezeu. Rugaciunea este uneori o forma de a spera a celui ce nu îndrazneste sa spere singur.
8. Daca gândul asta te ajuta, nu evita sa recunosti ca speri neavând altceva mai bun de facut sau chiar pentru a te feri de urmarile faptului ca nu faci nimic.
9. Binecuvânteaza ocazia de a-ti apartine în întregime. Singuratatea e o târfa care nu te învinuieste ca esti egoist.
10. Aminteste-ti ca paradisul a fost, aproape sigur, într-o grota.”
E trist…sa vrei sa fii neputincios in fata fricii.
Sa-ti lasi sufletul sa urle ingrozit de trecut si de viitor.
Sa fii prins intr-o cusca…sa-ti tii cheia in mina…si sa te temi de ceea ce este afara
De frumusete, de sentimente si trairi.
E trist sa te ascunzi…si sa nu iti lasi fiinta sa zburde libera.
E trist sa nu te daruiesti cu pasiune dragostei si suferintei.
E trist sa traiesti intr-o stare latenta de comfort ce totusi nu te satisface.
E trist sa nu visezi, sa nu speri, sa nu lupti…
E si mai trist cand esti constient de asta…si totusi lupti sa ramai asa
Si stai inchis acolo, cu sufletul ingrozit de trecut si viitor
Urland de durerea singuratatii…intr-o cusca de superficialitate si zambet fals.
E trist sa nu vrei sa TRAIESTI.