A VIEW OF THE WORLD THROUGH MY CAMERA LENS

Frozen Landscapes – Searching for Spring !!!

It is the beginning of March and we are still stuck in winter here. It is wired for this time of the year to not see any of the beautiful spring flowers. It seems that weather changed, winter starts later and finishes later. I was told it is the global warming phenomena. I did some reading about this global warming …and it just doesn’t seem to be that. It just looks like every year the seasons just shift a bit. They still last more or less three months each , they just don’t start anymore when they used to. I observed that every few years, seasons seem to be starting a bit later and finish later . My own observations make me a bit reticent to the entire global warming theory. And the fact that it kick started a billions dollars business like Emissions Trading (that didn’t proved to be particularly useful other than make millions for some organizations ) doesn’t help in making me a believer. That doesn’t mean that I am not against pollution.

Anyway , I diverted a bit to a subject I am not very familiar with…!!!

About the photos…I took a short trip today with my best friend and I had the chance to take some landscape photos. The weather was not as good as I wished for . I was hoping to see a bit of the long awaited spring out there in the country, but it seems that winter doesn’t want to leave just yet. Nevertheless the scenery was still breathtaking.

In this post are a few of the images. I hope you enjoy them…!!!

About these ads

19 responses

1. I absolutely love these frozen landscapes.

March 11, 2012 at 23:10

2. Wonderfaul landscapes..

March 9, 2012 at 08:54

3. beautiful! Let me know when you find it :)

March 7, 2012 at 15:56

4. u need to come here to India Sorin…. this one country has soo much for the shutter its amazing….landscapes, desert, rain forests, snow, poverty, extravagance, ……love ur pics….

March 7, 2012 at 13:33

• Thank you…!!!… I certainly need to come there one day…India is a beautiful country that I want to capture in images …!!!

March 7, 2012 at 13:40

5. Very nice, Sorin. I love the winter shots…very similar to my home here in Utah, USA.

March 7, 2012 at 06:43

6. Very beautiful shots. The 3rd and 4th one down definitely have the appearance of Eastern Washington and Oregon during the winter months. Very breathtaking and bleak at the same time. Breathtaking because the sky and the landscape is so overwhelming and can be awe inspiring… yet, when you think of the trials this landscape has seen over it’s lifetime… possible bleak comes to mind (for me).
    As for Global Warming… not sure it’s so much a “myth” as it’s a little of the “warming” along with changing seasons, I often wonder if our planet “shifts” just a bit every single passing year. I know we were much closer to the Moon 100 years ago… so why isn’t it possible that we are shifting… the planet that is. I also know that even as a child I recall certain climate patterns, they come every so many years. So if we combine climate patterns, with a possible shift (just my theory) and some global warming as well… it could, in my mind have some potential to make our weather fairly “wonky” at times? :-)

March 7, 2012 at 05:34

7. Gorgeous shots :)

March 6, 2012 at 23:48

8. Gorgeous :)

March 6, 2012 at 22:35

9. Dear Sorin, I know in this part of Europe still in winter days… Even Istanbul still cold, seems that spring doesn’t come… Your photographs are so nice, but I especially loved the second one. Snow and the naked trees standing so beautiful…. Thank you, with my love, nia

March 6, 2012 at 22:08

10. it is funny hearing what you say about global warning, living here in Australia, especially Melbourne, we have no trouble believing it. We have just had the hottest summer on record, yet we didn’t have anywhere near the number of hot days over 35 that we normally get. Our summers are becoming tropical, very humid and wet, not at all like the summers we were getting 25 years ago. It is strange.
    The images are lovely, they make everything look so peaceful.

March 6, 2012 at 21:52

• It is possible…but yet when my parents were children (about 30-40 years ago) they use to have the same weather we have now here in Romania. It just seems more like a cycle or a pattern that weather follows rather than global warming. I not denying thou that global warming might be a factor…still have to research all sides of the story and check the facts before I can decide.

March 6, 2012 at 22:03

11. I enjoyed your landscapes. Where are they? This mass of land?

March 6, 2012 at 21:30

• These were shot very close to a village called Viisoara near my hometown Vaslui , in the eastern part of Romania .

March 6, 2012 at 21:39