A VIEW OF THE WORLD THROUGH MY CAMERA LENS

Just Smoke – Or is it More?

Probably the most important question of the human kind, the one thing that we all strive to discover, to understand is the purpose of us living. Do we have a purpose other than creating fossil fuel for the next generations? Is there any other greater , higher , more “divine” meaning ?

I find it very hard to believe that we live this earthly life just so we go to haven, stay there for eternity, maybe have a conversation of a thousand years on a white fluffy cloud with an angel called Gheorghe, who’s only reason for being in haven is that he was born in a forgotten village , far away from civilization, and he never had the chance to indulge with an amazing bottle of wine, or enjoy the sight of a gorgeous woman, smoke a fine cigar and play poker with his friends, or discover that first teenager kiss that sends chills down your body and makes you realize what comes with being a man ,so therefore he had a pure soul. Or maybe go to hell, meet Copernicus boiling there in a huge incandescent iron pot just because he had this crazy revelation that beyond that beautiful evening sky, there might just be more than some tiny lights that entertained him with their flickering . (mmm…not bad, at least I would have some decent conversation with this Copernicus…).

Heaven and Hell sound very poetic and spiritual, but to me it doesn’t sound much more than those amazing fairy tales that grandma used to make me fall asleep when I was a little boy and made me wish that one day I could become the bravest knight the world has ever seen, and I would defeat the evil once and for all, I will marry the princess and live happily ever after in my castle (with couple of PlayStations around and my most beloved remote control car of course ). Now here I don’t want to mock the believers , it is just my opinion and that’s all so don’t jump at my neck.

There might just not be other purpose for us living than for our bodies to become maggot’s food, fertilize some tiny piece of land and contribute to the creation of some fine Brent or West Texas Intermediate crude for the future generations.

Maybe the desire of finding , learning and understanding our purpose , the purpose of us living, comes solely from the humans desire for greatness. If we are the supreme species we really must be “supreme beings” and it has to be a higher purpose for us, we can not be like those dears in the forest, just a small part in the ecosystem and on the food chain.

I do incline to believe that the soul purpose for us is what we make it to be because we are rational , emotional and incurable dreamers. Very complex mixture that shouldn’t work together for when you are emotional and a dreamer, you often are not rational. If we find, as individuals, that thing that makes us feel truly happy and fulfilled , then we find that purpose. That higher meaning of life can only be individual. It really is what we make it to be.

As for the purpose of our species…I say “Heil Oil, Coal and LNG” for this three will probably still rule for a long time to come and , ironically , we will probably contribute to the chemical process used by the forces of nature to produce them for eternity.

If all I wrote makes sense…it is just my humble opinion, and if it doesn’t just take it as a crazy idea so you don’t feel offended by some of my insinuations.

About these ads

16 responses

1. Wonderful photographs, and of course more than smoke. Thank you dear Sorin, for visiting my blog and your nice advice. And Thank you for sharing with us, I really loved these photographs. I wish I could take too… With my love, nia

March 1, 2012 at 18:33

2. ioana

Nice,but I do believe that you can be a knight if you can move the stories in your real life.so do as in the stories and try to look for the happy end…

March 1, 2012 at 13:21

3. Between this and the oil shots, it has taken me a total of 2.05 seconds to realize that you have the most interesting and amazing shots here. Thanks for sharing!

February 29, 2012 at 22:17

4. I also would like to know how you made the photos…they are just gorgeous!

February 29, 2012 at 07:35

• This video can do a better job explaining :

March 3, 2012 at 03:21

• Thanks, I will take a look at it!

Your photography inspired me to do the weekly challenge differently than I would normally have. And I had a BLAST.

Thanks for the inspiration! I’m going to go watch this. :)

March 3, 2012 at 06:56

• I am glad to hear that. That is one of the best compliments my photography has ever received. Thanks!!

March 3, 2012 at 10:02

• I’m sure that many, many people are thinking that–it’s just that people aren’t always comfortable saying it. It really is excellent.

March 3, 2012 at 19:38

5. Not sure where my head is…
    The photos… NICE WORK!!! Love them!
    My apologies for not saying that initially… the second one (in blue) appears to be quite “ghostly” – love it!

February 29, 2012 at 05:25

6. Such “age old questions” who are we? why are we here? what’s the purpose of “this” life… perhaps we are suppose to keep struggling to ask, seek knowledge, and find our own truth… maybe that IS the bigger picture… maybe it all boils down to finding what we feel content with for ourselves… what we choose to believe. Maybe the bigger idea for everyone is to realize we are suppose to think beyond what is suppose to be the normal? It seems that is one of the harder things to do… finding the confidence to ask these bold questions and feel okay within yourself to choose with convictions what you feel is “RIGHT” for you. Since we are told, taught, and shown to follow what someone else thinks, says and demands at a very early age. For most finding and listening to that inner voice is often difficult to do…
    I think perhaps… when we start to listen to that inner voice, that feeling that when we find “our” answer for ourselves… and that inner voice or feeling makes us feel comforted in said feelings and emotions… I think then we are onto finding the “bigger” picture… understanding maybe the age old questions… not for everyone, but, maybe for each one of us?
    Or… maybe I am just full of a LOT of hot air? ;-)

February 29, 2012 at 05:23

7. Love it, would love to know how you took those pictures, if you are happy to share…

as for what you wrote, such an appropriate time for me to find your blog, as I am having big struggles finding what we are here for, and who has the answers… so many questions, and so many thoughts.

February 29, 2012 at 03:26

• Maybe this video can explain better than me :

March 3, 2012 at 03:19

• thanks, will check it out

March 3, 2012 at 04:42

• looks interesting, do you think the big flash is necessary? Or if I had a go just with the camera flash would it work somewhat?

March 3, 2012 at 04:56

• Unfortunately for this one you need the off camera flash…sorry… I’ve tried it before when i had no other flash but the camera one and it didn’t work at all.

March 3, 2012 at 10:01